I passed on to you what was most important and what had also been passed on to me—that Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said. He was buried, and He was raised from the dead on the third day, as the Scriptures said. -1 Corinthians 15:3-4 NLT
Jesus died and rose for you! Does this not say it all? Jesus' death was in the Father's heart before the world was formed, before a flower bloomed, before a creature moved, before you took your first breath.
Because of God's grace and mercy toward us, we can look back over our lives at all the wrong we have done—the sins we've committed, the promises we've broken, the evil thoughts we've entertained; our failures, our shortcomings, our inconsistencies, our hypocrisies—and hear our Heavenly Father say to us, "You are forgiven. I have washed you clean, even whiter than snow. My Son's righteousness has become your righteousness because He died and rose for you."
When we look back over lives at the good things we've tried to do to earn God's favor—the people we've helped, the kind deeds we've done, the nice things we've said, the money we've given, the hard work we've done—we hear our Heavenly Father say to us, "Your righteousness will never be enough to save you or keep you. No amount of work that you do can justify you in My presence. By the righteousness of the law no one can be justified. That is why My Son died and rose for you. By faith alone, His righteousness is now yours."
- Does God love you today? Yes, Jesus died and rose for you.
- Does God care about you? Yes, Jesus died and rose for you.
- Does God provide for you? Yes, Jesus died and rose for you.
- Does God forgive you and restore you? Yes, Jesus died and rose for you.
- Does God have a plan for your life? Yes, Jesus died and rose for you.
- Does God have a place for you in heaven? Yes, Jesus died and rose for you.
Jesus died and rose for you—
- If you only knew this one truth, it would be enough.
- If you only had this spiritual bread to eat, it would sustain you.
- If you only had this glass of living water to drink, it would quench your thirst.
- If you only could embrace this one aspect of His love, it would bring you comfort.
- If you only had this one reality in your soul, it would bring you everlasting joy.
Jesus died and rose for you! Is this not the taproot from which the tree of life grows? Is this not the song of celebration that fills your innermost being? Is this not the headwaters from which the healing fountains flow? Is this not the pen from which all other glorious things are written—justification, sanctification, redemption, and all the other truths of Holy Scripture are yours because Jesus died and rose for you.
Your life today is now an all-encompassing "yes" because Jesus died and rose for you.
Because of Jesus Today is Your Best Day is available through our affiliate link to DaySpring, and through Christian bookstores everywhere.
©2020 Roy Lessin, Meeting in the Meadow, all rights reserved.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.