How blessed is God! And what a blessing He is! He's the Father of our Master, Jesus Christ, and takes us to the high places of blessing in Him. Long before He laid down earth's foundations, He had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus on His love, to be made whole and holy by His love. -Ephesians 1:3-4 MSG
What are your deepest needs and desires? They are not entertainment, wealth, sports, scholastic achievement, popularity, power, or influence. Your greatest needs and desires are matters of your heart and spirit. They are the deepest things within you that cry out for purpose, fulfillment, intimacy, meaning, and love. They are the longings that God has placed within you, and that only He can meet.
Your cries for belonging He alone can answer;
Your search for meaning He alone can fulfill;
Your thirst for fulfillment He alone can quench;
Your longing for intimacy He alone can satisfy.
God, through His Son, has already satisfied your need for redemption, forgiveness, and reconciliation by being your Redeemer.
- He has met your need for righteousness by becoming your righteousness.
- He has met your need to be cared for by caring for you.
- He has met your need for security by holding you secure in His arms.
- He has met your need for companionship by being the God who is there.
- He has met your need for protection by being your Strong Tower and your Hiding Place.
- He has met your need for wholeness by being your Healer.
- He has met your need for peace by being your Shalom.
- He has met your need for identity by being your Heavenly Father.
- He has met your need for guidance and direction by being your Shepherd and Guide.
- He has met your need for self-worth by sending His Son into the world to die for you.
- He has met your need for hope and comfort by being the God of all Hope and Comfort.
- He has met your need for love by being the God who has loved you with an everlasting love.
Today, as you hunger after His bread, remember that God is seeking the hungry; as you long for living waters, remember that He invites the thirsty to drink; as you seek His presence, remember that He bids you to draw near; as you commit to walk in His ways, remember that He is always on the alert, looking for those who are totally committed to Him; as you desire to know His heart, remember that you are the object of His love.
Because of Jesus Today is Your Best Day is available through our affiliate links to DaySpring, and through Christian retailers everywhere.
©2020 Roy Lessin, Meeting in the Meadow, all rights reserved.